Friday, November 02, 2007

Limerick Friday LX: Coke, Candidates, Casting and Copywriting



The Swiss Miss has taken her racket and run
Tested positive for cocaine at Wimbledon
We thought she was just promoting Coke
But doing lines instead of just taking a toke?
Hon, the “I never took drugs” defense ain’t a winning one

Would you vote for Stephen Colbert?
As Prez, he’d bring a humorous air
Everyone’s scared that he’d do better
Than that illiterate, alcoholic Daddy debtor
Four more Republican years, none of us can bear

Do you pull for Peyton Manning, that tool?
Do you root for Belichick, who cheats like a fool?
They’re calling it Super Bowl 41 and a half
Marketing so out of control you have to laugh
I think I’d rather watch a girl drop a grumpy in a pool

Barack drops by Durham to make things clear
But he’ll have a tough time getting votes here
Especially when he won’t talk to the press
Even to clear up his related-to-Cheney mess
Yo Obama, don’t fall for it when Dick asks you to go hunting deer

Writers’ strike threatening Hollywood
If anyone could fill in, I could
I’ll be a scab and everything will be fine
I’ll script “Grey’s Anatomy” when I cross the picket line
“Mr. Vogelsberg, the network says Izzy topless doing surgery isn’t good”

Last time ...

No comments: