Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 52



#1
I definitely feel like I need more real-time, every-shot coverage of all the times when Tiger Woods finishes 37th in a tournament.

#2
Alternately cool and terrifying: pups playing underwater.

#3
My least-favorite part of college hoops is flopping. I can’t quite recall when trying to run and jump in front of another player so you can then fall down became confused with “good defense,” but it’s out of control. My high school coach once told me you can’t play defense from your arse, and I think that still applies.

#4
So I recently noticed that the woman (Rondi Reed) who plays Mike’s abrasive mother on “Mike & Molly” also had a bit part as one of Jerry’s neighbors in the “Kiss Hello” episode of “Seinfeld.”

#5
One of the leaders of the avalanche of semi-literate, douchebag athletes-turned-broadcasters is Shannon Secretariat Sharpe. As if offering no cogent, original thoughts pertaining to his own sport weren’t bad enough, he thought he’d bring his ignorance to an entirely new arena with this completely erroneous college basketball report. Way to be!



#6
Dopplegangers of the Week? Deandre Jordan of the L.A. Clippers and “Ghostbusters” actor Ernie Hudson.

#7
Is the Millennium Falcon lying at the bottom of the Baltic Sea? I really want to think so.

#8
Duke leads the nation in George Michael beards. Also, alum/announcer Mike Gminski wears a creepy hoop earring. I’m not sayin’ those things are related, I’m ... just sayin’.

#9
I’m astonished to say “The Office” is finding its stride in a post-Michael Scott world. Some surprisingly hilarious episodes this season.

#10
Three straight Jeremy Lin-related covers, SI? C’mon, you’re better than that. I thought.

No comments: