Friday, January 26, 2007

Limerick Friday XVII: Shrek 3: The Siege of Strayer


Looked like Shrek and weighed near a ton
Was a director for about a week, then he was done
When questioned if he was qualified
Gave a sly grin and then said with eyes wide
“Finished 12th in my class at Strayer back in ’81!”

Can’t shoot or pass worth a bleep
Play defense like Stephen Hawking asleep
Missed free throws and turnovers that make you say, “Wow”
Any hope of a tournament berth is well gone by now
If we lose by 50 to the damn Heels I just may weep

A big win for the Bears of my hometown
To celebrate, my little bro burned an effigy of Cade McNown
He mused, “David Terrell was such a damn penis,”
Then he poured out some Bull for the knee of Curtis Enis
Did a “Super Bowl Shuffle” and passed out on the ground

Another miraculous last-second win for Duke
Why does that make me want to puke?
A mysterious two more seconds they got
Just enough time to make a winning shot
I wish that terrorist on “24” had picked Cameron Indoor to nuke

Benchmarks for the new government in Iraq?
Proves that common sense and logic are what our “leaders” lack
Democracy isn’t something you can impose
It’s a movement that eventually grows
I guess if all else fails they’ll just pick another country to attack

Limer-inks

Limerick Friday I

Limerick Friday II

Limerick Friday III

Limerick Friday IV

Limerick Friday V

Limerick Friday VI

Limerick Friday VII

Best of … Limerick Friday

Limerick Friday IX

Limerick Friday X

Limerick Friday XI

Limerick Friday XII

Limerick Friday XIII

Limerick Friday XIV

Limerick Friday XV

Limerick Friday XVI

14 comments:

Scooter said...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-ctailgatejan26,0,5333057.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

No tailgating on freaking Super Bowl Day?!
That's blasphemous in every way
That's like banning getting drunk when you drink
Or banning low morale when you work for Think
Taking more fun from the fans, that ain't OK

Anonymous said...

oh scooter you're full of it today
making me laugh I have to say
wanna take bets on anonymous posts?
I'm guessing ten msi shots at the most
oh well everyone happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'll bite and put up a MSI limerick
In court, a cease and desist letter wouldn't stick
The chosen eight have no self respect
A lying company they still try to protect
Everyone in charge was a no-talent prick

Will said...

kay yow's boobies are better,
it's so cold i need a sweater,
i want to go workout,
but this weather makes me want to shout,
still single, not making girls wetter.

Anonymous said...

another friday with words from few
you all act like you have something to do
although hearing will talk about making girls wet
kind of makes me nauseous and start to sweat
hahaha he called the shit poop

Scooter said...

Casie just made me laugh at loud
Cracking hard on our weak crowd
We have an all-hands meeting today
Remember those from the MSI CEO who was gay?
Luckily, I brought my flask and while they talk about quarterly earnings, I'm going to get plowed

flightblog said...

I’m MIA today
Got a big presentation on Monday
With the cold temps you better cover your beaver
But the frost would kill any rocky mountain spotted fever
If I blow this demo I’ll be driving a Hyundai

flightblog said...

Taking the LBC to Manhattan
Rolling like George C Scott in Patton
Don’t mess with the homies from Cary
Live anywhere else consider yourself a fairy
My conquest will read like Biblical Latin

flightblog said...

My cube in daydream heaven
I’m at the controls of a Boeing 747
Low on peanuts and one engine’s on fire
The situation is getting pretty dire
A sexy babe in first class is impressed
If I can land this bird against her body I’ll be pressed
But my co-pilot Brent is dressed in a hot dog costume and a Christmas sweater so for me no 7-Heaven

Anonymous said...

look at steve finally writing some quality stuff
pussy-footing around of he had enough
8 limericks is the days amount?
I was definitely off on anonymous' count
heading home the day was tough

have a good weekend five people who are paying attention today :)

Anonymous said...

You asked for the definitive MSI rhyme
Some bloggers out there think what they did is a crime
Trying to put together a class-action suit
Against a company that gave you the boot
It ain't happening because the whole joint will be found out in time

Anonymous said...

At least everyone landed on their feet pretty much OK
To those kept, they'll regret they stayed with THK
Myself, I'll remember it as a moral cesspoool
Buncha poker-playing jackasses who thought the others they could fool
When you're selling magazines and lying about Dell, someday you'll pay

Anonymous said...

From wife-swapping to huge debts racked up
From cheating on boyfriends to adultery with no pre-nup
The message is don't work in that kind of place
Unless you can look in the mirror and live with your face
If you got out with your dignity, that's rare and things are looking up

Scooter said...

Jeezus, Anonymous has a sharp axe to grind
I guess if you get screwed over, they deserve it back in kind
But remember the writing was on the wall
If you were there when those walls finally did fall
Not only were you naive, but you were foolish and blind