Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Day 556, Quasi-Quarantine: Unique Dark Maul Balances The Imperial Scales


One of our favorite purveyors of Lego clone trooper gear had a non-canon helmet that kept catching my eye over time. I didn't know quite what to do with it, but I knew that it was speaking to me.

I eventually purchased this custom shadow-tinted Mandalorian super commando helmet, and came up with the concept for a Gar Saxon running mate named Dark Maul.

I found a suitable torse-and-leg combination, then set about strategically placing paint to both obscure existing printing and complement the helmet colors. Then I added a kyber crystal-tipped weapon that also featured some painted elements.


The result is an indelible character that adds some intimidation and menace to the outnumbered bad-guy Legos that we have. The distinctive Dark Maul is a welcome addition to help even the fight.

No comments: