Wednesday, December 23, 2009

“It’s A Festivus Miracle!”


Frank: “Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man.
“As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.”
Kramer: “What happened to the doll?”
Frank: “It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born … a Festivus for the rest of us!”

You’ll find that Festivus has been a yearly celebration here at Scooter & Hum, with nods to Frank Costanza’s beloved celebration in 2006, again in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Well, another year has passed, and with it the realization that the principles behind Festivus remain as strong and as timeless as ever. After all, Festivus is our heritage ... it's part of who we are.

So this year, as part of a holiday cubicle-decorating contest here at work -- and without a tiny metal pole -- I created the first Festivus tree (below). In lieu of a pole, I thought a wee fake tree would be fairly in keeping with Mr. Costanza’s belief system (which I find fascinating).

Anyway, here’s to hoping that your “Airing of Grievances” (“I have a lot of problems with you people!”) goes swimmingly. And hit the 2008 link above to enjoy a Festivus video.

Happy Festivus everyone!

No comments: