Wednesday, December 02, 2009

To Ube From Cup A Joe, Volume V

"Soothen My Seether"

Life unfolds
Like a string of broken promises
You search for the pearl
Amidst the wreckage
You comb
Fine tooth
But poorly said
It’s the long road
But it’s the only path
Days become months
Become years
Become decades
Missing spots
And moments
Gone
Not forgotten
Some remembered
Tender melancholy
Drifted with harsh reality
I’ve seen you standing there
Obscured by impostors
In challenging times
Revealed in challenging climes
Who taught me to trust again?
Surrounded by essence
Purified by soul
In red times
I try to recall
What you were here for
Put by my side
In the unlikeliest of ways
Temperament through hope
Compassion through trust
Love through days
And through
This next chapter
A page turns
As does a life
Master the emotions
Calm the bile
Temper the tantrum
Reserve the rage
Anchor the anger
No room for it
In who I am
In who I hope to become
In who I need to emerge
Tested over and over
Shine through it all
Find the diamond
Amidst the coal
Polish me
Pressure me
Resolve me
Forge me
Make me
Imagine me
Look for me
I’ll be standing
Switched
And traded places
In the security
Love in four
Trust in womb
Pink and green
Override ride
Soften me
Make me like that
All the time
Not sometimes
Where there is no longer
Room for skips
Or air for hiccups
So be my soother
The beauty like no other
Has been replaced
By a true another
I’ll back you up
No reservations
No limitations
Open
Undefended
Not guarded
Caution in the wind
Like a dandelion
That’s real
And not hoped
Together with cobwebs
And holes
Believe in me
And I in you
Is all I’ll need
To help soothe
The seether
In me

No comments: