Monday, March 08, 2021

Day 358, Quasi-Quarantine: Fitbit Has Become One Of My Longest Relationships

 

I tend to throw Fitbit some shite for their badge-naming conventions, but I'm realizing now what a large part of my life this exercise tracker has become.

Over the last 7 years, I've become fairly religious about my use of this app and the related, various trackers I've owned. During a global pandemic, the ability to still monitor movement -- not to mention that some folks have become aware of COVID issues through elevated heartbeats noted by Fitbit -- has become vital.

I'm certainly nowhere near where I need to be, but to this day, the fireworks that go off on the display every time I eclipse 10,000 steps still offers some measure of reward.

These days, a feeling of accomplishment is to be treasured, and Fitbit may be worth it solely for that.

Step on, mates. Step on.

No comments: