Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm Putting My Face In The Wind For You Today, Sweet Boy


I hope you know how much you’re missed.
I hope you don’t know how long a year can seem.
I hope you’re happy.
I hope you’re running.
I hope your nose is in the wind.
I hope you can see me now.
I hope you would be proud.
I hope you have seen our new home, and that you’re enjoying yours.
I hope you have seen us celebrate the joining of our lives.
I hope you know that I knew you were there, that I could feel you.
I hope you know that you were a part of it, looking on amidst Kristin’s flowers.
I hope you have seen me laugh at thoughts of you.
I hope you have seen me cry at remembrances of you.
I hope you know I carry you around every day.
I hope you know you’re etched forever on my shoulder and in brick.
I hope you know that I will make sure you live on in my daughter.
I hope you know that I will do my best to be the father you taught me to be.
I hope you know that you're still teaching me.
I hope you know that you're still a miracle to us.
I hope you know how much you’re missed.
I hope you know.
That you just know.

No comments: