Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Maybe Death Really Is Nirvana ...

ITV News reports that Kurt Cobain made $50 million from beyond the grave last year, making him the highest-paid dead celebrity. He was not available for comment. However, his representative, Courtney Love, vomited in response.

Cobain edged past Elvis, who had held the top spot for four years. Presley's income dipped to just $42 million last year. I guess he was sleeping on the job (*rimshot*). Johnny Cash edged into the top 10 and is certain to soar through the rankings in coming years, but Tupac was a notable exception. Hasn't he been putting out like five albums a year since he died?!

I'm not sure why, but every time I see a picture of Kurt Cobain, it makes me wonder why David Spade is trying to look like him. Is Spade going for the disturbed-artist, I-don't-care-because-I'm-creative look to try to get another "Hollywood Minute"? Is he trying to reinvent himself since his career went into the grave with Chris Farley? I guess I'm most curious because one of my friends has a girlfriend that looks like David Spade, and even she got a call for the "Just Shoot Me" reunion show while he didn't.

Kurt Cobain, troubled soul, lost muse of Generation X

David Spade, a straight man with no funny man, star of the E! True Hollywood special, "When the Mullet Grows Back: The Downward Spiral of'Joe Dirt'"

2 comments:

Bass Hampton said...

"This hateful post about Spade will not be forgotten."

- Joe Piscapo

Will said...

I don't know what Spade does but he dates all the hotties? Do they think he's a woman and they're having their first lesbo experience? I'm very disappointed Tupac is so much more productive in death then me.