Monday, September 14, 2026

Day 2,364, Quasi-Quarantine: Another Year, Another Fantasy Luck Death March For The Scooters


(AI prompt: Create an image that accurately depicts the frustration of repeatedly losing at fantasy football when you're consistently predicted to win)

The Scooters had bounced back from a really weird draft with a couple of strong preseason claims and a trade that could end up being notable.

Scooters get Kenneth Gainwell, RB, TB

Other team gets Khalil Shakir, WR, BUF, and Kayshon Boutte, WR, HOU

I was trading from a position of extreme strength to get a third running back who could start at a flex position in a pinch. That was the case in Week 1, when Brock Bowers got hurt (wheeeee!) and Alec Pierce was put on a pitch count of 25-30 plays.

When I headed into the evening matchup (Cowboys-Giants), I was in a great spot, trailing by around 20 points with both Dak Prescott and George Pickens playing. ESPN told me I had a 75% chance to win.

Except I'd seen this movie before.

And when I say "before," I mean four or five times a season for around a quarter-century of fantasy football. So I put my chances to win somewhere around 8%.

Of course, that's just what happened, as Pickens racked up an entire 4.3 points, Prescott fell short as well, and I somehow managed to lose by four points.

Oh, fantasy football season is so incredibly on.

Onward, Scooters.

No comments: