Friday, August 11, 2023

Limerick Friday #592: Practice Football Has Arriven -- Day 1,245


NFL football is back
Well, kinda, is the real fact
Preseason game one
Let's have some no-injury fun
And hope Tua doesn't have to survive a sack

Quarterly conversations
And talent calibrations
Promotions to boot
Raises and bonuses, for a hoot
It all has me needing vacations

The conference alignment zoo
The ACC courting fucking SMU?!
Expansion and contraction on the run
Wake me up when its done
And let me know when the NCAA's through

Of these complaints, I'm tired
In impostor syndrome you're mired
You whine about titles and roles
Then don't reach any goals
So watch out you don't get your ass fired

Wielding a bat as a lever
Hope he & the Mets never sever
The Polar Bear finally getting hot
With moon shot after moon shot
I guess better late than never


No comments: