Monday, May 10, 2021

Day 422, Quasi-Quarantine: Remembering Scott Hutchison


"When it's all gone
Something carries on
And it's not morbid at all
Just that nature's had enough of you"

Three years ago yesterday, Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit took his own life. Through the charity established by his family -- Tiny Changes -- he continues to impact the world through awareness and music.

His meaningful collaborations with so many respected musicians spoke to the deep respect the community had for him. Said The National's Aaron Dessner, "Scott was able to turn the darkest corners of his mind into pieces of art."

It hurts that there will likely be no more Frightened Rabbit music. Or Mastersystem. Or Owl John.

But the music carries on, in all the small but massive ways.

You can mark my words, I'll make changes to earth
While I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to earth

[Please enjoy what might be my favorite music video of all time.]

No comments: