Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To Ube From Cup A Joe, Vol. II

“Waiting for Ube”

Sometimes when I drive
And imbecility does thrive
Through With People” will play
And I’ll sigh as I say
“How do I keep hope alive?”

Will you help me turn the page
On this occasional rage?
Will your eyes make me breathe
And your dimples make me leave
All that in an outgrown stage?

So how will things change
In my emotional range?
With you on my chest
Will I strive for the best?
To think of it is really quite strange

Because maturity’s a duty
I do it all for Ube
Though she may be asleep
She hears the promises I’ll keep
With a love that shines like a ruby

So help me seize the day
In your silent but present way
Put an end to this sigh
Point your finger to the sky
One word you won’t have to say

I believe in you already
My emotions I’ll steady
This interminable wait
The by-product of fate
You’ll believe in me too when you’re ready

Your weight I do bear
As we take every care
To ready your home
Where you’ll explore and roam
Excitement builds as I prepare

Though the questions do mount
As every day we count
When the moment arrives
And you complete our lives
Do I have responsibility in the proper amount?

I’m sure they’re natural fears
Though accompanied by tears
But the one thing I know
That you’ll learn as you go
I’ll be your biggest fan across the years

As we finally meet our little pearl
And watch your tiny fingers unfurl
My belief, it will just cement
That I was always meant
To be Daddy to a little girl

No comments: