Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Street Sheet's Left-Coast Pearls of Wisdom: Fury Of Beauty


Another excerpt from the $1 Street Sheet 2008 Art & Poetry Issue from a January visit to San Fran. All grammar ibid.

Think about it.

Fury of Beauty (by Queenanndi*)

"Not to dare be deceived
Nothing gets past me
Queen wit a heart of gold
And eyez that see
All this confusion is sickenin' me
Why don't tha devil just let me be
To destroy the dream that God blessed me and my seedz
To fulfill the manifestation of my destiny
It was in the making way before me
To have strength to battle- All that oppose

"I am angry- trusted true fam is now R.I.P.
Fellow souljahz are strangers to me
Some locked up or trickin' off knowledge-skeezin' hollin' that it's fun
So I know I stand along when its time to bust gunz
Such cowards always retreat-
As all tha babies fall dead at their feet
I am beautiful
What I birth is so precious
Ya rather die on yo' kneez-
Stead of seein' that tha futrez' protected
You reject it- Queen MaMa keeps house orderly-firmed
I squirm at yo' weakness-
Feel the fury of my beauty-when I take off
Yo' ass will be left burned- till you learn
A Queen. Fury. Beauty. Love. Struggle."


*From her recently published POOR Press book, "Life Struggle and Reflection"

No comments: