Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Yes, We Can.



"Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation."
Nelson Mandela

"The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river."
Ross Perot

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
Mahatma Ghandi

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies.
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why ... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

Robert Kennedy

"For I am getting to an age where I have a sense of what satisfies me, and although I am perhaps more tolerant of compromise … I know that my satisfaction is not to be found in the glare of television cameras or the applause of the crowd. Instead, it seems to come more often now from knowing that in some demonstrable way I've been able to help people live their lives with some measure of dignity. I think of what Benjamin Franklin wrote to his mother, explaining why he had devoted so much of his time to public service: 'I would rather have it said, He lived usefully, than, He died rich.'"
Barack Obama

R.I.P. Toot. We'll take it from here.

Yes, We Can.

No comments: