Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Deep Thoughts, By No-Look McFadden: Episode 1


I recently reconnected with a buddy of mine, with whom I used to exchange hysterical e-mail lists. Well, we've rekindled the form, and I thought I'd use this as a catch-all category for some of the shite that runs through my mind ...

#1
I think the whole Jason Taylor-Redskins thing worked out rather oddly. He left Miami on my shit list, but I think he’s been humbled a bit. The part I feel bad about is basically the Dolphins got Pat White with the second-rounder from Washington and got JT back at a lower price and more motivated. Now, I still say I didn’t like the Pat White pick at the time—using the #44 overall pick on a third-string QB and specialty player was a luxury for a team that is established, not one that is still trying to rebuild in the ‘Fins. That being said, with Pennington getting hurt I am feeling a bit better about the pick. 20-20, eh?

#2
I think “Fringe” is the best show on TV that no one talks about. It is like “X-Files” with a humorous element, surprisingly provided by Pacey (or something), better known as the guy who got the shite kicked out of him at a Hurricanes game. Anyway, I loved Gillian Anderson, but the lead in “Fringe”, Olivia Dunham, is great in that role and hotter than a box of stolen tamales to boot.

#3
I think Tom Brady is the only player in the history of the league who has singlehandedly had two rules changed to benefit him: the “tuck” rule and the “can’t tackle a quarterback below the waist” rule. I still can’t believe how much shite the Patsies still get away with, and yet all the media wants to do is fall asleep in Brady's ass-chin. Fucker.

#4
I think I hate Rex Ryan. And it is actually cool to finally have an opposing coach that I feel so strongly about. What is the over-under on Ryan or Andy Reid dying first from choking on a hot dog on the sideline?

#5
I think the NFL and New York rushed a bit too quickly to try to make Matt Sanchez the Mexican Namath. He’s been Public Enemy #1 ever since he ate Rex Ryan’s hot dog on the bench.

#6
I think Jay Cutler has to be very careful or he is going to turn into Jeff George.

#7
I think I can’t believe how much I miss “Lost” already. Is it wrong to have such an emotional attachment to a TV show?

#8
I think I am the unluckiest fantasy football league player in the history of the world (side note: does every FF player feel that way?). In my 14-team league, I have had three opposing running backs THROW touchdowns against my team this year … also, my league gives bonus points for that. I mean, christ, I almost lost singlehandedly to someone named Mewelde Moore earlier this year. This past week saw Marques Colston drop two touchdown passes in a three-play span, Roy E. Williams open on back-to-back plays in the end zone, only to have Tony Romo misfire and my opponent get a score from Brent Celek even though Donovan McNabb was cleary over the line of scrimmage on a broken play.
I’m not sure why I even try to play FF anymore.

#9
I think I wish I hadn’t missed Jerricho Cotchery returning to Carter-Finley Stadium last Saturday. He’s one of my favorite all-time players … in fact, he is basically my football version of Anthony Grundy.

#10
I think, based on this list, I watch too much NFL football (I have NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV these days!).

No comments: