Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11: Never Forget


I have a lot to blog about today. Hell, last night I saw a woman hug a drunken midget while she was being dry-humped by a dude wearing nothing but jean shorts and a Confederate flag bandanna underneath a Dale Earnhardt straw hat. And I have roughly 18,999 witnesses who will tell you that it was a concert and not my family reunion. That's worth an easy 5,000 written words by itself.

But it seems weird to blog about anything lighthearted today, the five-year anniversary of 9/11. I don't need Oliver Stone or anyone else to help me remember the impact that day meant to me and my family. If you can, take a second today to think of 9/11 in your own terms, without letting the political fiascos of the ensuing five years to enter the equation ... if that is possible.

New York has a special place in my heart, and a lesser city would never have regained the spirit and vitality that make it the greatest city on earth. I can only hope that New Orleans walks a similar path, and that the Big Easy learns something from the Big Apple.

No comments: