Thursday, April 21, 2011

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 43


#1
Elf ears, really? Really?
I mean, I don’t even have a thought that goes with this one. Meaning we're off to a rough start here.

#2
I think this time-lapse of a flight from San Fran to Paris is pretty cool. I’m a bit surprised the flight crew allowed him to do it, honestly. And I think there’s a San Fran-to-Paris gay joke in here somewhere, but I can’t find it.

#3
As you can tell from these vintage, old-school mugshots, people just looked tougher back then … even without random neck tattoos.

#4
So, apparently the adjective “classy” was getting pushed at the Masters, as evidenced by the fact that ESPN used it like three times in the first 10 minutes of coverage. We get it, ESPN; you’re excited about a new buzzword.
P.S. How do you jibe this adjective with your sycophantic love of Tiger Woods? Just curious.

#5
The “Chicago Code” continues to soar up my “me likey list,” aided by the fact that a scumbag criminal was referred to as an “oxygen thief” in a recent episode. I can dig it.

#6
Apparently, the Empire State Building was struck by lighting three times in a recent storm. Ironically, that’s also the number of times the videographer had to change his britches.

#7
I know Jamarcus Russell is having a rough go of it. But when you are fired by your goddam LIFE COACH, there’s really no limit to how far down rock bottom might be found.

#8
I think this video about a douche caught in his natural habitat borders on genius. Alas, if only the douche were, indeed, rare.

#9
So, what’s the over/under on how many diapers this realistic dinosaur puppet ruined in the first 10 seconds? And yes, this is the second thought that includes a reference to soiling oneself; I have a toddler, get over it.

#10
Apparently, “The Tar Heels Give Me a” Woody Durham is stepping down as the play-by-play guy after 40 years. The 850 UNC fans who watch football will now be able to actually determine fun tidbits like score, down, distance and time remaining in future contests.
Seriously, even the most diehard UNC fans (if you can find any) would tell you he stuck around about a decade too long.

No comments: