Thursday, February 17, 2011

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 39


#1
Say hello to Canna Cola, the so-called “pot soda.” But shouldn’t it be packaged with a bag of Funyuns?

#2
If you’ve flown anywhere recently (boy, are my arms tired, ha ha hee hee ho ho), you have gained an appreciation of the beauty in air travel that is possible when you don’t have any luggage. The ScotteVest can accompany you ‘round the world sans suitcases … though it may garner you a couple of askew looks from airport security, if you’re willing to risk that sort of thing.

#3
This seems like a lot of research to find out the game Ferris Bueller attended in the movie, but … it’s sort of worth it, too, in terms of flat-out awesomeness.

#4
Desmond Howard vs. Phil Simms would be better than any boxing match I’ve seen in years. In fact, let’s make it a thing: the Announcers Boxing Federation (ABF). Am I the only one who would pay to see one-eyed Stuart Scott square off against Dan “Captain Obvious” Dierdorf? Who’s with me?

#5
As a corollary to #1, I introduce you to “Marijuanaman,” the comic brainchild of one Ziggy Marley. I really have nothing to add here.

#6
I’m certainly not one who is going to tell a guy where to live, but I do understand some of the controversy surrounding the decision of Saints coach Sean Peyton to move from New Orleans to Dallas. The Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan nails the sentiment perfectly when he writes, “New Orleans is the most proudly provincial city in America, and there’s no room for fence-sitters in post-Katrina New Orleans. You’re all in or you’re all out.”

#7
The camera caught this kid on the concourse during a recent ACC hoops game, and I thought he looked so much like Penn State coach Joe Paterno that I did a triple-take. I'm calling him Mini JoPa.


#8
I’m too tired and depressed about the Mets and baseball in general to even make a compelling joke about the team’s $300 million Ponzi scheme. How sad is that?

#9
Put me in the corner of those who didn’t quite get all the fawning over what would have been Ronald Reagan’s 100th birthday. Maybe I’m just a little more aware of the many myths surrounding his presidency than some.

#10
Why has no one else noticed that UNC freshman Kendall Marshall looks exactly like former Tar Heels douche Jason Capel? While it will be hard for anyone to be as epically annoying as Capel was (is?) considering how high he set the bar, anyone nicknamed “K-Butter” certainly gives himself a shot.

No comments: