Thursday, February 03, 2011

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 38


#1
So there is an older lady who works at my new company. One day, I caught her sleeping in her cubicle. The next day I caught her exercising in her cubicle. I’m alternately confused and terrified. True story.

#2
Just a heads up if you’re ever looking for the departure gates in Newcastle Airport in England. You have to walk directly through a huge store to find them. True story.

#3
I take it that it’s a bad thing when the highlight of your rivalry game is when your boxer-turned-point guard (Javy Gonzo) elbows Gumby (Jon Henson) in the face. If I was Sidney Lowe and I knew I was going to lose my job anyway, I would start Lorenzo Brown, C.J. Williams and three walk-ons until the rest of his team decides they, you know, want to play and all.

#4
If you’re like a lot of people and you have little concrete idea of what is going on in Egypt, apparently it’s not unlike “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” as you can see from this helpful primer.

#5
These Gravity Defyer shoes from Skymall look pretty damn cool. Well, I mean, that’s if you don’t mind walking around with a sperm logo on your feet. Besides that, they are tremendous and all.

#6
Some of the more memorable beers I’ve sampled recently: OBX Moondog ESB, Wells Banana Bread, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, Bells Porter, Celebrator, Mothership Wit, Terrapin Big Hoppy Imperial Red, Bellhaven Wee Heavy, Weeping Radish Fest, Harpoon Oak-Aged Dunkel (100 Barrel Series) and (in Europe) San Miguel.
On the flip side, the Sam Adams Imperial was iffy at best.

#7
Few sports venues have a more checkered and controversial past than New Orleans’s Superdome. So perhaps it’s a good thing that more improvements are in store in the near future.

#8
You haven’t really lived until you’ve taken a nine-hour flight seated directly behind a homeless, crack addict-looking woman who pounds 10 rum & Cokes on the way.

#9
BYU’s Jimmer Fredette just might be the best basketball player in America. And I'm predicting his first sponsorship deal will involve his own line of Mormon magic underwear.

#10
It looks like Walgreen’s has made an interesting branding choice: they are now selling their own store-brand beer. It’s called Big Flats 1901, is supposed to be horrible and checks in at less than $3 a six-pack. So all of you hitting the pharmacy at midnight for toilet paper and Tylenol PM are fixin’ to stumble right into a party.

No comments: