Thursday, October 01, 2009

To Ube From Cup A Joe, Vol. III

“Sentiments As You Slept”

When my shoulders ache
And the dust does rise
Though in white I am caked
I can almost see your eyes
And I realize just what’s at stake

In a dirty room I toil
‘Til I’ve worn every muscle
And though the heat does boil
It’s worth the hustle and bustle
Because to you I’ll always be loyal

So keep holding on tight
And just know this is true
I pray for you every night
As I know you know I do
I’ll protect you with all my might

And from the very start
When I didn’t know your name
You found your way to my heart
I hope you’ll feel the same
When at last we’re no longer apart

As the days number few
And anticipation builds
I promise that through
Lowest lows and highest thrills
I’ll always try my best for you

No comments: