Friday, June 19, 2009

Limerick Friday LXXXXXXXXV: Durham Edges Trenton, Baghdad In Best Place To Live Rankings


Durham is one of the nicest cities to live?!
Maybe if you need some crack with a shiv
I guess Yahoo! is not very adroit
Might as well have chosen Detroit
Now I've seen it all—what gives?

Up north, it's all about tradition
In the south, it's scoffing at prohibition
Ah yes, it's football in the south
It's alcohol and running your mouth
Then trying to make it home in a conscious position

Last week I met a Nurse Gidget
Played golf and got a blistered digit
A blind kid and a fake Lil' Wayne?
"WTF?!" keeps running through my brain
Reminds me of working for a blind midget

With the economy, he's wielding his clout
Though some are beginning to doubt
Too early to say whether he's right
Considering he inherited this plight
Patience is hard for those who only shout

It's time for the U.S. Open at Beth Page
Rain is the story on this great stage
The sentimental favorite is Phil
I've heard enough about Tiger's will
Who's this year's Rocco, not acting his age?

Last time

No comments: