Monday, June 15, 2009

Emo Awkwardness And Trite Melancholy Define "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist"


Awkward Lost Boy is heartbroken, stalking Teasing Ex. Fighting-Richness Girl Who Doesn't Know Who She Is pines for Awkward Lost Boy and frenemies Teasing Ex. Awkward Lost Boy drives Ironic Yugo and plays bass for Gay Band Members who drive around in Humorous Retro But Not a Rapist Van. Fighting-Richness Girl Who Doesn't Know Who She Is kisses Awkward Lost Boy to get back at biting criticism from Teasing Ex at New York grunge-ish concert hall. Sparks fly. Gay Band Members help Fighting-Richness Girl Who Doesn't Know Who She Is realize that her breasts are much larger than she realized, and therefore, more worthy of Awkward Lost Boy. Hilarity ensues along the lines of every single other teenage movie. Ever.

ALB: mumble mumble awkward pretty mumble like music mumble misunderstood
FRGWDWWSI: Yeah, like, tortured artist draws me, right, like, totally? I'm misunderstood too, just because, like, my dad is like, richer than god, right, and I sleep around with that, like, really, like goofy-looking dude, right?
PDG: It would be gross if I threw up and then picked my gum out of the toilet, right? That would be memorable?
ALB: mumble mumble morality arrives mumble won't sleep with ex mumble mumble like you a lot awkward awkward mumble
FRGWDWWSI: I'm like, frigid inside, right, because, like, I'm in my dad's shadow, right, but there's something pretty, like, inside me, not just my boobs, right? Really? P.S. I haven't had an orgasm, right?
GBM (in unison, with jazz hands): Awwwwww!
PDG: blechralphhueybarfpuketosscookies
ALB: mumble you get me mumble awkward mumble cool
FRGWDWWSI: I like you, too, even though you're, like, a dork, who's, right, built like a, right, 12-year-old girl, right? You know? Really? Kiss?
ALB: awkward awkward awkward mumble mumble mumble
[insert line stolen from "Almost Famous"]

--And Scene--

No comments: