Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Man, You Can Ride My Tail, Anytime!"


Quentin Tarantino Taking on Top Gun - Click here for more free videos

The other day on one of my current favorite shoes, "30 Rock," a former high school boyfriend of Liz Lemon asks her, "Still think I'm gayer than the volleyball scene in 'Top Gun'?" The reference was lost on someone I know, but it immediately made me think of a tremendous scene from a movie I saw once that featured, of all people, Quentin Tarantino.

In the flick, titled "Sleep With Me" and filmed in 1994, Tarantino lays out the entire plot of "Top Gun," framing it as "one man's struggle with his own homosexuality." Calling it the best script written in Hollywood history due to its "subversion" and "subterfuge," Tarantino hilariously brings his theory full circle by examining the "gay fucking fighting force" and describing the memorable final exchange between Maverick and Iceman.

If you can watch the video without laughing your arse off, you're better than I am. And you probably never watched "Top Gun."

No comments: