Friday, October 05, 2007

Limerick Friday LVI: Fall Brings The Funny, Not The Cold


“The Office” is back in full force
Making me laugh myself hoarse
Michael and Dwight remind me
Of TGRK and Nek Magee
They’re doppelgangers, but this you know, of course

Creepy Senator Larry Craig of Idaho
He’s guilty, but pretends not to know
He digs dudes in airport bathroom stalls
Spends time stalking teens in Boise malls
You got caught, so get the fuck out and go

The Mets had a historic collapse
NC State would get rolled by Apps
The Dolphins can’t buy a win
No help from that bust Ted Ginn
Sports suck this year, but I don’t give a craps

Where the hell has autumn gone?
Everywhere I turn, an unwatered brown lawn
A “cool spell” brings the temperature to 80
Is this Raleigh or for-the-love-of-god Haiti?
Global warming will be remembered as W’s evil spawn

The state of the music industry is heinous
They’ve forgotten what it is to entertain us
Buncha no-talent fools who like to rave
Making poor Elvis roll over in his grave
My new band will be called Unremarkable Anus

Last time ...

No comments: