Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The Scooters Take The Next Step


Powered by the consistency of Jamaal Charles, the outburst of Chris Ivory and the return to form of the Vikings defense, the Scooters withstood a Monday night game in which my opponent had four Jets players to advance to the semifinals of the WFFL playoffs. Suffice it to say that the 45-3 thumping of the J-E-T-S by the Patsies worked out well for the Scooters.

I won 92-68 over my opponent, who I beat in back-to-back weeks -- with survival on the line -- and an unheard-of three times this season. That is with -2 points from Kyle Orton, mind you, to go with another no-show from Reggie Bush, a three-quarter disappearing act by Michael Crabtree and just half a game from Pierre Garcon. I also had Dan Carpenter on the bench when he crushed a 60-year field goal, which is good for a tidy 14 points in my league.

The Scooters advanced to 8-4-1 on the season thanks to the win. As the Central Division champion, I’ve locked down the No. 2 seed in the playoffs, but a difficult rematch with the commish looms. I have some tougher lineup decisions looming, including the potential return of Kenny Britt, the probable benching of Bush and the question of what happens with Orton now that Josh McDaniel is out on his arse.

For now, though, I’m giving myself a 24-hour window to enjoy this victory before moving on to the next task. The Scooters have clutched the F up in recent weeks, so we’ll see whether we turn out to be a team of destiny … or a team of density.

No comments: