Thursday, November 11, 2010

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 33


#1
I totally wish I had gone to the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, if only for the awesome signs.

#2
So, I like the ringing noise a shop door makes when you walk in. It’s hard to explain, but it feels sort of nostalgic or something. Anyway, carry on.

#3
Have a look at the “World According to San Francisco,” one of my favorite cities in the US. By the way, congrats on the Giants World Series win.

#4
You can admit it: when you were little, you were secretly in love with Elvira. Anyway, she is still alive, kicking … and joining all of us in laughing at Christine O’Donnell.

#5
So the show “The Big C” has generated a lot of interest -- and quite a bit of controversy -- for its portrayal of a cancer patient trying to make her way through life. However, the lead character, played by Laura Linney, makes a series of choices that are damaging to her family, which shows her not as brave and free, but as careless and selfish. She plays someone who feels it’s a license to do all the things you’re not supposed to, whether it hurts those closest to you or not.
There is a difference between making the most of the rest of your days and living without accountability. I’m hoping the minds behind “The Big C” begin to see that difference.

#6
Have you ever heard the saying about not pissing off a tattooist or you’ll end up with a giant penis on your back? Well, this guy forgot that saying when he picked the worst friend ever and got on his bad side.

#7
Apparently New Mexico’s quarterback suffered a “pumpkin-related” injury that knocked him out of the lineup. I guess he’s the wrong guy to turn to to carve up a defense?
Tip your bartenders, folks.

#8
Read this bit about U.S. life expectancy and then tell me that healthcare reform is a bad idea. Jeezus.

#9
Will injuries waylay yet another Scooters fantasy football season? Somehow, I’m out to a 6-2-1 record despite losing Reggie Bush, Kenny Britt, Zach Miller and Nate Kaeding and having half my team out on bye in Week 9. The injury gods have to let up on me—and soon—if a good-looking team is to live up to its promise.

#10
OK, I change my mind from #6. This poor bastard officially had the WORST. FRIENDS. EVAR.

No comments: