Thursday, August 12, 2010

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 25


#1
I can’t really remember the last time I looked forward to the release of an album more than Arcade Fire’s newest, “The Suburbs.” And led by the sterling “Month of May,” “Modern Man,” “Empty Room” and “Half Light II (No Celebration),” Arcade Fire lived up to the anticipation and expectations.

#2
Has anyone ever seen Peter Garrett, politician and lead singer of Midnight Oil, and Peter Bethune from "Whale Wars" in the same place at the same time?

#3
So I usually wear Dolphins gear to celebrate the start of training camp every year. This year, I rolled with a Chad Henne T-shirt. So my wife goes, “Who is ‘Hiney’?”
It’s going to be a long year.

#4
How do you go from potential global icon to laughingstock? Ask LeBron James, who got freaking skewered everywhere, but nowhere better than in Rolling Stone.

#5
“Big Brother” would be so much better if they replaced Julie Chen with Zach Galifianakis. Can you imagine him doing a “Between the Ferns” (like this one with Jon Hamm -- “Am I pronouncing that right?”) to the houseguest just voted out and basically tearing people new ones in the diary room? Dammit CBS, hear me!

#6
Best line of NFL Hall of Fame weekend? “There’s no greater feeling than to move a man from point A to point B against his will,” from Russ Grimm. A tremendous, tremendous quote about what football truly is.

#7
I “feel” music better when I listen through headphones. If that makes sense.

#8
I’m not a big “Around the Horn” fan, but the other day, writer Bob Ryan said that all powerhouse college teams cheat. Douche-licker Jay Mariotti immediately chimed in with “Not Coach K! Not Coach K!” Ryan’s response as the show headed into a commercial break was “Talk to Chris Duhon someday.” A stunned Mariotti starts squawking, “That was never proven!”
Yeah, jackass, the assertion that all powerhouse college teams cheat can’t be proven either, but it’s true. And you can add Corey Maggette to Coach K’s cheating ways as well. Great stuff from Ryan, attacking the untouchable.

#9
One of the joys of having a child is being able to watch kid TV guilt-free. Well, we were checking out the Wonder Pets the other day on Nick Jr., and the episode revolved around how they could help save the Rat Pack. Frank Sinatra might be rolling in his grave somewhere, but that shit was hysterical.

#10
Tony Mandarich started following me on Twitter. I'm not positive, but I think that's awesome.

No comments: