Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Day 346, Quasi-Quarantine: Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats Set The SNL Stage On Fire


I admit that I was only vaguely aware of Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats prior to his recent appearance on Saturday Night Live.

His performance of "Redemption" caught me completely off guard, and when he followed it with "A Little Honey" from his album "Tearing At the Seams," I was blown away (fair warning: his backup singer in the middle is a bit distracting and impossible to ignore).

Needless to say, I've been scrambling to "celebrate his entire catalog" <"Office Space" nod> ever since. His genre has been termed as folk-pop, but I detect a bit of Americana and even soul creeping into his music as well.

I get the sense I have a bit of catching up to do on Rateliff's career, but I look forward to exploring his music more.

No comments: