Friday, April 25, 2008

Limerick Friday LXXVII: The Double-Talk Express Keeps Rolling


A visit to the Ninth Ward for John McCain and his crew
Pointed criticism of W and his cabinet, too
It’s easy to say, “Never again” and then get on a private jet
You may have Alzheimer’s, but did you really think we’d forget
That you voted against a relief bill when New Orleans really needed you?

I’m looking for a way to get out of my own head
I’d rather be listening to music outside instead
Got second-row seats to see the Panic tonight
Some “Porch Song” might make it all seem all right
My soul gets a little soothed when I turn to Widespread

After a long wait, it’s Draft Day Eve all across the NFL
It’s time for Kiper flanked by former players who can’t spell
Who’ll trade up to get the guy that they think they need?
Who’ll pick a player who can’t catch but has speed?
May finally have a Dolphins draft where I’m not saying, “What the hell!?”

A racist political ad in N.C. from the Republican side
Why am I not in the least surprised?
McCain has put up a mild protest
But he benefits from this political litmus test
North Carolina is still the state that others deride

“The Office” zips along as hilarious as ever
“30 Rock” finds new ways to be original and clever
Old shows that are coming back, with no slouch
Thursday night finds me like a statue on a couch
Will “Lost” ever stop being fascinating? No, never

Last time ...

No comments: