Monday, December 21, 2020

Day 281, Quasi-Quarantine: Cobbling Together A Custom Colts Helmet With Parts At Hand


As part of a Thanksgiving Lego building challenge, I tackled the concept of creating an Indianapolis Colts helmet to honor my building partner's fandom.

Somewhere along the way, unfortunately, the helmet did fall and lose its structural integrity, and I was unable to piece it back together in the way I had it. So, yes, it looked better than this at one point.



The facemask was one of the more difficult aspects of the build, but I found some arced pieces and a small piece of fencing to render the appearance I was looking for.



Carrying a uniform blue stripe across the three-dimensional build took some doing, and this is where a lack of variance in blue pieces hurt somewhat.



Alas, the build was short-lived, as I found pieces of the helmet strewn among a burgeoning Star Wars scene. My building partner does not possess the same respect for unique custom builds as I do, so poor phone pictures are left to preserve the memories.

Overall, I was fairly happy with the final product ... not bad for using a bucket of discarded pieces.


No comments: