Friday, June 09, 2017

Limerick Friday #430: “The Leftovers” Leaves A Gaping Hole In Dramatic TV, Leaving Even Carrie Matheson In Tears


The end of a remarkable show
Pulled where it wanted us to go
He searched the world like Dora
Said, “People hold candles, Nora.”
“The Leftovers” super-charged TV with its flow

Choked when they were sitting pretty
In a backwater Kentucky city
The Pack had it all in its sight
‘Til the baseball gods gave State a smite
Let me know if you’ve heard this ditty

When ignorance goes viral
And things start to spiral
I slow my flow
And think of Mo
I just might still be in denial

Summer is upon us, indeed
Time away is what I need
School has drawn to a close
Work’s full of incompetent hoes
Need a week just to drink and read

Despite a glacial pace
Ended up in a Trumpian space
A slow-moving “Homeland” season
Overly complex beyond reason
It all gave me Carrie Matheson face




No comments: