Friday, January 01, 2016

Limerick Friday LXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXVIX: Forgetting The ‘Fins And Riding The “Star Wars” Wave Into 2016


For happiness if not riches
For health but no stitches
For laughter and a few tears
For more hopes and fewer fears
These are my 2016 wishes

The stench of rotten fish
Fantasy gods grant his every wish
If luck were a toupee
He’d sport one every Sunday
Guess that’s why they call him Commish

Our old heroes came back
New ones picked up slack
The force it did awaken
All my breath was taken
J.J. Abrams pulled off a genius hack

Every week, another way to lose
The fans all batter and bruise
Give up a safety in every game
New year, it’s all the same
Oh Dolphins, why can’t I unchoose

Kids learn, but also teach
We strive, but don’t always reach
Another holiday season past
Hoping the feeling does last
If you need me, I’ll be at the beach






No comments: