Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 73



#1
My life and the world at large is in desperate need of Seinfeld emojis. Smarty techie types, please make this happen.

#2
Tony Dungy as the NFL’s moral authority, as I’ve said repeatedly, is a bad joke

#3
This is a crying baby video phone ad that kicks you right in the feels.

#4
I was in this position not all that long ago. But I couldn’t nail this level of honesty in a job interview. Priceless.

#5
Documentary filmmaker Ken Burns and actor Dave Foley look shockingly alike. They both also kind of look like Ellen Degeneres, but that’s neither here nor there.

#6
Senator Whitehouse of Rhode Island is my new hero, destroying reality climate deniers.

#7
I like “The League,” I really do. But their insistence on including the Rafi and Randy storyline goes beyond bizarre to out-and-out stupidity. I’ve never turned off one of these episodes halfway through until one about Rafi and Randy comes on, because they’re routinely unfunny, pointless, and non-football-related. [/rant over]

#8
I want to join this bank. I mean, maybe I really don’t, but still. They were cool before they were illegal.

#9
I’m not sure it’s really possible to describe how awful a broadcaster Boomer Esiason is. Wow.

#10
So let me get this straight: One of the greatest rock bands in the history of music gives away music for free (and one of their best albums in years, it should be noted), and the reaction is offended outrage? Think about that for a minute.

Judging by the response of a new U2 album landing on the iTunes front page, you would have thought that Bono was going around stealing people’s kidneys in the middle of the night. Welcome to the new world of faux entitlement and fabricated sensibility, ladies and gentlemen.

No comments: