Thursday, February 09, 2012

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 50



#1
New rule: anyone using the phrase “nom nom” to signify their enjoyment of food can and should be punched in the Adam’s apple by the closest person.

#2
Isn’t it high time Tedy Bruschi stepped down as an “analyst” considering his brutal homerism? Dude’s playing pocket pool with Patsies owner Robert Kraft in a luxury box and ESPN doesn’t recognize that he’s simply a shill for New England? Also, there’s the not-so-ancillary fact that he’s, like, sort of terrible at commentating.

#3
The fact that there is a “21 Jumpstreet” movie destroys any semblance of remaining hope I may have had for Hollywood.

#4
How pissed off must Anquan Boldin have been about New England choosing to cover him with Julian Edelman, another WR, on the potentially game-winning drive of the AFC championship game? And is there any bigger sign of a lack of respect than the opposing coach choosing to put a No. 5 wide receiver out there as a cornerback to cover you? My, how the mighty have fallen.

#5
Stay with me here: There’s a commercial for Ally where people on the street are given a suitcase full of $100,000 to “watch.” Well, the dude from that commercial is a dead ringer for Arthur Ashe.



#6
I liked Archie Manning better when he used to be seen and not heard—like when he used to appear as Woody Allen’s doppelganger in the crowd at Tennessee games.

#7
I will admit that sometimes I find myself singing the “McDonald’s Girl” song. There, I said it.

#8
Not to sound crass, because it’s clear that Myra Kraft meant a lot to the New England franchise, but I think the storylines about her passing went a bit overboard, especially considering she got a ton more pub than some of the recent lost icons of the game. Maybe it’s just me.

#9
In these dark days of political inanity, what hope still looks -- and sounds -- like.

#10
I can’t freaking believe we’ve now done 50 of these things ... I can’t fathom that I actually have that many deep (and not so deep) thoughts.

No comments: