Thursday, September 15, 2011

Deep Thoughts By No-Look McFadden: Episode 45


#1
Jon Stewart is undeniably epic, but his riff on conservative self-victimization ventures boldly into genius territory.

#2
I was glad to come across this relatively uplifting udpate on post-Katrina New Orleans, tempered by the gentle reminder of “We’ll see.”

#3
I had never wanted a punter’s jersey until I read Chris Kluwe’s “douchebags” take on Twitter. Who ever thought a punter could become a fan favorite?

#4
Many don’t care for Michael Irvin, and although I can see reasons why he’s considered a hypocrite, I actually think his analysis is underrated in its honesty. But no matter your feelings on the dude, you have to respect him for his brave foray into gay rights.

#5
Here’s an honest, great essay on police brutality and it’s link to mindfulness. Nothing to add to it, really … just read it.

#6
Will probations and cheating in college football turn out to be the equivalent of the steroid era in baseball?

#7
I couldn’t help but chuckle upon seeing this ad for a weed-whacking golf driver for “surreptiously improving your lie.” Surreptitiously, really? Like the rest of your foursome won’t notice you over there whacking weeds?! “Nothing to see here, mates, just doing a little groundskeeping as we theoretically play golf.”

#8
“What if Michael Vick Were White?” is the early leader in the clubhouse for Stupidest Fucking Column of the Year. Next week: “What if Michael Vick Didn’t Murder all Those Dogs?”

#9
Time marches on. Families grow. Football keeps coming back. I thought this ode to life and football was beautifully written.

#10
So,“Moneyball" has to be the worst concept for a movie at least since, "Dude, Where's My Car?” I mean, right?

No comments: